Re: [suse-security] Intrusion spyware malware key stroke detection
  • From: trainier@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:07:27 -0500
I wrote an agent that watches current google search queries in realtime
(not quite realtime, but quite close)
This is not hard to do, either. I suspect this is what's going on.

Log into your machine as root and do a ps aux and show us the output. I
highly doubt there is a piece of malware
running, but it's worth checking for.

Tim

Don Raboud <don.raboud@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 02/22/2006 10:00:22 AM:

> On Wednesday 22 February 2006 2:53 am, Martin wrote:
> > I use suse 9.3 pro on home network. Boxed retail DVD set. Suse
firewall.
> > Security updates are current. KDE Konqueror and / or Firefox.
Comcast
> > cable internet service provider. No alias.
> >
> > Everyday I am seeing spam email which is a reflection of complex
> > sensitive key word phrases I had typed into google just a few days
> > previously.
> >
> > What are the security implications of this? How do I configure what I
have
> > to stop this? What additional measures might be appropriate? Is this
> > spying for commercial purposes or could it be US Government spying?
The