Re: [suse-security] OT: X Server with cygwin. Was Re:[suse-security] safety with scp
  • From: miguel gmail <miguel.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 19:51:44 +0100
> last time i had trouble with cygwin like that
> a complete uninstall - new install helped.
>
> Try to install as that user working with cygwin.
>
> never found out why ;-((

solved!

the file c:\cygwin\tmp\XWin.log is the culprit. Other user than my win
Admin is unable to write on it. However, my windows user has admin
rights on this machine. I tried to delete it from the windows GUI, to
no success.

I tried today the following:

$ rm XWin.log
rm: remove write-protected regular file `XWin.log'? Y

at a cygwin shell and worked it out.

Just run again ´startx´ and you will see it work.

HTH

--
Saludos,
miguel