Re: [suse-security] Nagios versus Snort
  • From: Rainer Duffner <rainer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:40:32 +0100
Bruno Cochofel wrote:

Thank you all for your clarification.
I was trying to run Nagios but I think there's no easy way to start...
Can I have o simple configuration just for one service (like ssh) and
maybe have some web admin generating all that config files so that I can
have a starting point?

Thanks,
Bruno

There are some web-GUIs.
See the contrib section on the nagios-website.
I haven't tried any in the last 4 years.

I tried writing one at one point, but the trouble with these efforts is that once you read the docs close and often enough to be able to write such a GUI (or even just map the configuration-file format to a database-layout), you find it easier to write the config-file yourself ;-)

cheers,
Rainer