Re: Why Install Telnet by Default?
  • From: Henning Hucke <h_hucke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:38:28 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, John Summerfield wrote:

> [...]
> > It's also not secure in that it sends _all_ the data, inbound and
> > outbound, unencrypted.
> >
> Just like postfix, sendmail, exim, qmail, zmailer and every other MTA.

Erm... Depends.

If your MTA client supports it you can send mails to my system through a
TLS tunnel (STARTTLS) and my systems sends mails in the same way if the
remote server supports it.

> [...]

Best regards
Henning Hucke
--
The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says
it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.

< Previous Next >