Re: [suse-security] Openssh + security
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:46:08 +0100
On Sunday 11 December 2005 23:41, Bruno Cochofel wrote:
> I need to install an ssh server and I need some information about security
> options. I know that has been some kind off "attacks" on port 22 on the
> internet

If you mean the ones that have been much publicised recently, those have been
brute force attacks against passwords. That's not an attack, it's just a
silly waste of time nuisance that fills up your log. Just don't use bad
passwords and you'll be safe against that particular "attack"

If you mean something else, I'd like to know about it, so please give me a
link where I can read about it