Re: SPAM: Re: [suse-security] Openssh + security
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:12:41 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2005-12-11 at 15:46 -0800, Scott Leighton wrote:

> Yes, the script kiddies are a nuisance. I use login_sentry to send
> them on their way (it adds their IP address to hosts.deny).

That list could grow very large. Also, if those attacks come from dynamic
ips, you could have a deny line for an IP that has changed owner, and now
is an honest person, while the attacker is using a new one you do not have
listed yet.

I think I read in passing somewhere about an iptables rule to deny
temporarily access to a certain IP; the rule is temporary and disappears
after some time, freeing resources.

But I don't know what is it.

- --
Cheers,