Re: [suse-security] Re: Openssh + security
  • From: miguel gmail <miguel.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:21:15 +0100
Hi,

> Please check if you are running X windows and if there is a screensaver
> active! Don't run X on servers!!

Why not? This is, what is the problem to run a X server on a server
machine? I understand that it may take lots of resources, so I wont
run KDE to say. But some packages do require (as far as I know) a X
server (Oracle does, if I remember correctly).

Is there anything wrong to run windowmaker? (i mean, security issues,
not just performance issues).

Thanks in advance for your comments!

--
Saludos,