Re: [suse-security] encore:.. winscp& openssh
  • From: Miguel ALBUQUERQUE <miguel.albuquerque@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:16:41 +0100
piet <prooroa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 14.12.2005 17:04:19:

> ok people,
>
> server is 9.3 suse open ssh
>
> xp-box is winscp.
> I made a public & private key with PuTTY, copy-paste the public to a
> text file: renamed it public.pub
> put it in /home/xxxx/.ssh
>
> did:
> touch authorized_keys
> chmod 600 authorized_keys
> cat public.pub >>authorized_keys
> rm public.pub
>
> loaded private key (private.pkk) in peagent key on de xp-box
>
> but cannot login why????

[snipped]
> # This enables accepting locale enviroment variables LC_* LANG, see
> sshd_config(5).
> AcceptEnv LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY
> LC_MESSAGES
> AcceptEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT
> AcceptEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL
[snipped]

I had to comment the lines above in order to make it work for me. The
reason is, i guess, related to your ssh version.

Cheers,

Miguel Albuquerque
Network Administrator

CODaLIS SA

Chemin de Trèfle-Blanc 18
1228 Plan-Les-Ouates / CH

TEL : +41 22 827 30 80
FAX : +41 22 827 30 33
http://www.codalis.ch

DISCLAIMER
- This message is intended for the use of the named person only. The
information contained in this E-mail is confidential and any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. This message does not represent a
formal commitment by Codalis SA. Codalis SA is neither liable for the
proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt.