Re: [suse-security] encore:.. winscp& openssh
  • From: piet <prooroa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:10:47 +0100
Dirk Schreiner wrote:
Hi,

piet schrieb:

Dirk Schreiner wrote:

Hi,

Miguel ALBUQUERQUE wrote:

piet <prooroa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 14.12.2005 17:04:19:

ok people,

server is 9.3 suse open ssh

xp-box is winscp.
I made a public & private key with PuTTY, copy-paste the public to a

PuTTyKey-gen on my XP box stated I should copy & paste the key for open-ssh: so that's what I did.

Hmm, Line endings?
(Btw. I had problems doing so with older Putty Versions. So I stopped doing it that way.)

text file: renamed it public.pub

[...]

Test the connection.

connection failed....
so I guess there is something else wrong.. but what??

Hmm, maybe sshd is configured for ssh2 only and Putty tries to connect
using sshv1.
(Just guessing.)

If this doesn`t help please post output of Putty _and_ syslog | grep sshd.

Dirk

ok to copy and paste all info is to complicated now, but the winscp log states a fingerprint at the host (i assume my suse 9.3 server) has 1024
but as I followed your mail you advised 4096.

So why is the finger print 1024??? instead of 4096,
regards,
piet

< Previous Next >