Re: [suse-security] Ownership of Directories/Files under /srv/www/htdocs
  • From: Brandon Hines <brandon@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:53:20 -0600
Lucky Leavell wrote:
OS: SuSE 10.0 Pro

I recently installed PostfixAdmin 3.1 doing the install as root and changed file permissions to 640 per the instructions. However, I cannot access it unless I make the files world readable (644).
Question: What owner:group should applications be installed as under /srv/www/htdocs? I currently have phpMyAdmin and PostfixAdmin.

Thank you,
Lucky Leavell

Lucky,

The user or group that the web server runs as must have read permissions to the files.

-Brandon