security fix fpr php4
  • From: "Sigi Kirchmair" <sigi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:42:42 +1300
Hi,

I have been told that php has a security fix and the current version
would be 4.3.11 - for about a month now.

The newest version for suse 9.3 (YOU) is 4.3.10. Am I right assuming
that suse does not provide the newest fix yet. If that's the case why
does it take soooooo long.

I had hackers on my machine now 3 times within the last month (came
through php) and try to do everything to keep hackers out. The first
thing I guess is apply all security updates and one would think the
delay for newest updates to be put on the YOU servers would only be
days rather than weeks.

Can anybody help me here?

thanks
sigi