Re: [suse-security] Strange server crash
  • From: trainier@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:01:12 -0400
Kernel panics?
Is the box/cpu overheating?

Tim Rainier
Information Services, Kalsec, INC
trainier@xxxxxxxxxx

"Andy" <frum@xxxxxxxxx>
10/12/2005 11:57 AM

<suse-security@xxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[suse-security] Strange server crash

Hi to all,

We have a Fujitsu Siemens server, Dual Xeon 2.8, 160GB sata HDD configured
in software raid. On the server there is Apache, Php, vsftp and postgresql
db running. Suse 9.1 64 Prof is installed.

About once a month the server just freezes. Sometimes I can ping and it
respondes, sometimes not. I cannot connect to the server anymore froma any
point of view. None of the services are running anymore, http, ftp, samba
etc... I cannot know if the console works because I'm not near the server.
I looked over and over the log files and couldn't see anything wrong. Or
maybe my log settings are not right?

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Andy