Re: [suse-security] Strange server crash
I will respond to all:

To restart the server we had to do a hard reboot.

We have 1G Ram, 1G Swap space.
There is plenty(more GBs) of space on the hard disks. On all partitions(except /boot).

The hang-up occurs randomly... sometimes at 3 weeks, sometimes at 2 months, sometimes at 1 month.

free -s -m5:
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1027964 958260 69704 0 45416 729952
-/+ buffers/cache: 182892 845072
Swap: 1052248 90976 961272
ACPI from what I see is enabled. I will disable it.
/etc/lilo.conf
image = /boot/vmlinuz
###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: linux###
label = Linux
initrd = /boot/initrd
root = /dev/md0
append = "resume=/dev/sda2 splash=silent console=tty0 desktop"
vga = 0x317

To disable acpi I change this line:
append = "resume=/dev/sda2 splash=silent acpi=off console=tty0 desktop"
right?

Overheating is excluded.

I attached the boot.msg. I'm not very experienced in interpreting those messages.

regards,
Andy.
----- Original Message ----- From: <trainier@xxxxxxxxxx>