Re: [suse-security] Logging what programs accesses network resources?
  • From: "Fred Williams" <A20FBW1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:48:28 -0500
sorry for the repost, iptables does not log the application that made
network access attempt...

Hello,

I know it is not quite what you asked for but, as root, if you run a
netstat command like
netstat -utap
you can see which programs are active on which ports on which ip.

In addition, if you run iptables (ie SuSEfirewall,
http://www.netfilter.org/), you can configure it to log exactly what
you are asking for.

I'm sure someone else will have a better answer but I hope this helps.

Fred

>>> Odd Arne Beck <df396oab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/13/2005 5:28 PM >>>
Hi!

In a couple of software firewalls on Windows there can always be found
a log
that tells me what local program tried to access what port on what IP.

Is there something that does the same, but for linux?

Best regards!