Re: [suse-security] squirrelmail + attachment files not work (updated)
  • From: Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:13:00 +0100 (BST)
It sounds like a permission problem, but you haven't told us what
permissions you use. We use the squirrelmail from SuSE 9.3 and
attachments work fine. We have the following in /etc/permissions.local:

#
# Fix Squirrelmail permissions
#
/srv/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/data root.webserve 770
/srv/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/data/default_pref root.webserve 660
/srv/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/data/index.php root.webserve 660
/srv/www/htdocs/squirrelmail/data/.htaccess root.webserve 644
/var/lib/squirrelmail root.webserve 770
/var/lib/squirrelmail/attach root.webserve 770

because our web server runs with group 'webserve' (yours is probably
different).

This results in:
# ls -ld /var/lib/squirrelmail/attach
drwxrwx--- 2 root webserve 4096 Oct 18 14:59 /var/lib/squirrelmail/attach

Bob Vickers