Re: [suse-security] [Fwd: EMAIL INACTIVO]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 02:25:23 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2005-02-28 at 10:58 -0500, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Friday 25 February 2005 8:42 pm, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > The Friday 2005-02-25 at 12:03 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> > > Correct. We can unsubscribe it in this case. ;)
> >
> > But I reported him last the 1th of this month, to suse-security-owner; I
> > got no answer that time, and still more bounces came.
> >

> Well, it might surprise some of us to discover that the "list owner", often
> also has other jobs at Suse, and it takes a while to get thru all the
> stuff in their own mailboxes <G>

I know. And that he(they) probably maintain the list on their free time
also.

But that explains why some people have to try another avenue of reporting
problems with the list. For example, several times the lists (all of them
I subscribed to) stoppped working, usually on Sundays. In those cases,
even the -owner mail address was not working. I hopped that the problem
would be solved next Monday, but that was not so. Finally, I had to report
it to Feedback to get attention and get it solved. This has happened
several times, but apparently has not repeated for a month.

This case, reported by the OP, I had reported myself on Feb 1. Several
days later, I posted to the list, and got the bounce back. And, when I
posted 3 days ago, the bounce was there as well - it has been repeating
over most of this month! So, the question remains: what do we do to
report bounces and such problems, and at least know that somebody got it?

> Still, my biggest problem lately is , it seems there has once again been
> some sort of troll gathering email addys.. and I have more and more junk
> which gives the appearence of coming from the list. ( This one and the
> several others I belong to.)

It is very easy to diferentiate email coming from suse lists: there is an
specific header that identifies them - I will not be more specific, I'm
not going to make it so easy for non subscribers ;-)

> I just wish it were 100% safe to ban all html messages and that alone
> would weed out a lot of the junk. BUT one must at time converse or do
> business w/ folks who use windows and for reasons no one understands can't
> find the page in the settings that turns off html.

I know :-)

> or worse they can't
> decide and so send both html and plain text... <heavy sigh>

He, he! I do that myself, for some "bussiness contacts" - but not because
I can't decide, but, on the contrary, because I do decide to send both
text and html so that anybody can read it easily, regardless of his MUA.
In fact, I dislike when I'm sent html only without plain text as well,
making it dificult for Pine.

Of course, I never do that on a list. :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >