missing log-file by fail-login with kdm?
  • From: Thorsten Möhle <thorsten.moehle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:02:50 +0100
Hello,

if there is a fail-login, doing with the kdm on Suse 9.2, I couldn't find
an entry in a log-file anywhere. By using the text-console without X, there is
an entry in faillog and messages.
I found nothing about this, except for an old bug from xdm (#118673 failed
logins are not entered in /var/log/faillog). Is this still the problem and no
other way to log this?

Can anyone tell me, where I can find an entered log-file or what I have to
change to get an entry in one of the log-files if there is a fail login by
using kdm?

Happy about any comments or ideas,
Thorsten

  • No further messages