Re: [suse-security] Re: [suse-security-announce] SUSE Security Announcement: several kernel security problems (SUSE-SA:2005:018)
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:01:25 -0800
Joe,

On Monday 28 March 2005 06:50, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Randall R Schulz wrote:
> >Carlos,
> >
> >>Just for the record, YOU update for SuSE 9.1 of this patch forgets
> >> to run mkinitrd. The most visible problem is the missing splash in
> >> tty1. It is not the first time this happens.
> >
> >If we want to do this manually, what is the proper invocation?
>
> If everything is stock, mkinitrd will suffice. man mkinitrd for more
> info.

Apart from ongoing YOU updates, the SuSE-supplied supplementary KDE
updates (I'm currently at 3.4) and a few completely non-essential
manual package installations (not updates), everything is stock.

It was because I looked at the man page that I asked--too many options!

> If customized, an example is
> mkinitrd -k vmlinuz2611 -i initrd2611 -m "jbd,ext" -s 1280x1024. If
> there is no -m, it takes which modules from /etc/sysconfig/kernel
> INITRD_MODULES. Default kernel image is vmlinuz, default initrd is
> initrd. If no -s it takes its size from grub's vga line. HTH

It does. Thanks.

> Joe Morris

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >