SuSE 9.2: Problem with Tripwire reports sent via postfix
  • From: "Christoph Illnar" <illnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:03:37 +0100
Hi everyone,

we recently installed the new 9.2 packages at our site.
we configured postfix as our MTA and set up daily tripwire-audits.
reports should be sent with "/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t" as the mailing
command.
this stands for "do not take lines with a single dot as end of mail" and
"extract headers from mail content"
with our old SuSE 8.2 this worked fine and delivered nice tripwire-reports.

we ran into the problem that we are receiving mails with no headers set (to,
from, subject, date, ...)
it seems that this is a result of the switch to fully unicode support:
linebreaks are mis-interpreted and sometimes we get those typical
two-letter-unicode characters

the first lines of such a report look like: