Re: [Re: [suse-security] Using 9.1 RPMs on 9.2]
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:16:54 +0100
* Geoffrey; <esoteric@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 19 Nov, 2004 wrote:

The space needed for the software grows and it is not feasible to add
more CD's into the package. Befeore thre were 7 CDs however DVDs
were not common at them time. Time flies away better catch it :-)

This doesn't make a lot of sense. I just received my SuSE 9.2 and they come in a plastic case that could easily hold twice as many disks as the 7 that are actually in there. I to think there should be some consistency between the software on the dvds and the cds.

It will when you start thinking in $ or € instead of what type of
package. if I cd costs 1 cent to produce 2 will make it 2 cents per
package if you create 50,000 packages 100,000 cents which is 1000 € now
since the cost is higher then 1 ¢ and the packages created should be
more then 50,000 that total would go up.
That is how I see it and when you are selling a product which basicalyy
is provided within a month or so free of charge via FTP and for the
packages that are sold installation support is available, I would do the
same if I was in themanagement of SUSE. That is pure business approach

--
Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list;