RE: [suse-security] Using 9.1 RPMs on 9.2
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:04:12 -0500
Lucky Leavell wrote on Fri Nov 19 2004 - 19:37:04 CET :

> I notice that many packages which were available on 9.1
> are no longer available from SuSE on 9.2,
> e.g., snort and nessus.

[...]
> Are there any plans to increase the number of 9.2 packages available?

Anders Johansson wrote in reply
that both snort and nessus are available on the 9.2 DVDs
(though not on the CDs).
<http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security/2004-Nov/0083.html>

This generated lots of comments about what was right,
and whether there should be manuals, and pretty packages, etc. etc.

But I think we all can agree that bottom line we want to know
what is coming down the road to we can plan accordingly.

In this case, I think it would be wise for me to consider adding a DVD player. to my system, if I want to efficiently run
the professional edition of SUSE-9.2.

I would also hope that Togan would put in his unofficial SuSE FAQ
that SUSE has more rpms on the SUSE-9.2 DVDs than on the 9.2 CDs.

And given that, what I did is send some feedback to SUSE at:
http://www.novell.com/linux/suse/
to the effedt that they should let people know the 9.2 DVDs
have more rpms than the CD --
and that trend is going to contiue on the next edition
coming out next spring.

We all know that most of our feed back goes into a black hole,
even so, it's a start.

HTH

--

"Just because the message may never be received
does not mean it is not worth sending."

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

  • No further messages