data backup; my security risks.
  • From: piet <prooroa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:20:10 +0100
dear group,
Can you give me some insight on how to store data (photos) savely and what kind of procedure I can follow best.
We produce about 200Gig raw images a year.
the workflow now is:
work on a XP-box and copy the raw's and the jpeg's to a SuSE-box with winscp as a backup on removable harddisks. (I stopped making cd-s as we produce to much data, storing raw's and jpeg's)

Will the removable disks last (ide western-digital)? now and again they're used on the system.

We were used to shoot on slide film, now our entire workflow has changed and it troubles me to meet the time when images can't be retreived.
regards,
piet