Re: [suse-security] intruder in home system 8.2 prof
  • From: Anthony Edwards <anthony.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:15:06 +0000
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:17:51PM -0500, Martin wrote:
> Recently I notice a large increase in spam related to recent transactions I've
> made. I ordered pharmaceuticals on line and now get increased spam from thos
> type of business.

Given that almost all suppliers of pharmaceuticals online market by
means of Unsolicited Bulk Email abuse, it is highly likely that the
entity with whom you have apparently done business has added your
email address to every mailing list that they run, and has also sold,
swapped or otherwise traded your email address with every other
unscrupulous bulk emailer that they have a business relationship with.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx