Re: [suse-security] intruder in home system 8.2 prof
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:12:25 -0500
John Andersen wrote on Tue Nov 30 2004 - 09:10:36 CET:

> On Monday 29 November 2004 05:17 pm, Martin wrote:
>> Recently I notice a large increase in spam
>> related to recent transactions I've made.
>> I ordered pharmaceuticals on line ...
>
> So YOUR the one!!!
>
> You buy from spammers you reap what you sow.

Hi Martin,

For your info, The State of Washington, USA
has fairly tough laws against spam.

But if you do business with a "on-line pharmaceuticals co"
all bets are off -- under the "recent business exception"
you have given them a license to spam you to death.

IIWY, I would strongly consider "getting a new email address"

Also you didn't say how you paid them,

But if it was by credit card,
IIWY, I would have my bank issue me a new credit card.

Better safe than sorry.

It is also good to have a firewall..
See Mike's comments on how:
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security/2004-Nov/0138.html