RE: [suse-security] Re: [[suse-security] E-mail account disabling warning.]
  • From: Abacus Infomail <infomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:07:18 -0700
Here's a link to the critter.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.beagle.j@xxxxxxx

Dave Watkins

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Smith [mailto:dansmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 4:03 PM
To: staff@xxxxxxxx; suse-security@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [suse-security] Re: [[suse-security] E-mail account disabling
warning.]

What is the name of this worm?
I am seeing it show up everywhere yet have not seen a name attatched to it.
The level of customization is amazing. If this wasn't a Linux
list I would have thought this was a legit email the way it was
worded. The broken grammer points to someone who does not speak
English as a first language.

Dan

staff@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear user, the management of Suse.com mailing system wants to let you
know that,

> We warn you about some attacks on your e-mail account. Your computer may
> contain viruses, in order to keep your computer and e-mail account
safe,
> please, follow the instructions.
>
> For details see the attach.
>
> In order to read the attach you have to use the following password:
26753.