Re: [suse-security] E-mail account disabling warning.
  • From: Erik Hensema <erik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:45:33 +0100
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:44:54PM +0100, Michael Dehn wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 23:28 schrieb staff@xxxxxxxx:
> > Dear user, the management of Suse.com mailing system wants to let you
> > know that,
> >
> > We warn you about some attacks on your e-mail account. Your computer may
> > contain viruses, in order to keep your computer and e-mail account
> > safe, please, follow the instructions.
> >
> > For details see the attach.
> >
> > In order to read the attach you have to use the following password:
> > 26753.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > The Suse.com team http://www.suse.com
>
> Sorry for this but it is annoying...

Smart virus too. The zip is encrypted, so scanning it is very hard. The
scanner can't automatically unpack it.
I am receiving quite a lot of these mails, I think this is going to be a
big one :-(

To get straight back on topic: does anybody know a good content scanner for
sendmail? Preferably a milter.

--
Erik Hensema (erik@xxxxxxxxxxx)