Re: [suse-security] E-mail account disabling warning.
  • From: ppatters@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:42:53 -0500
Erik Hensema wrote:

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:44:54PM +0100, Michael Dehn wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 23:28 schrieb staff@xxxxxxxx:

Dear user, the management of Suse.com mailing system wants to let you
know that,

We warn you about some attacks on your e-mail account. Your computer may
contain viruses, in order to keep your computer and e-mail account
safe, please, follow the instructions.

For details see the attach.

In order to read the attach you have to use the following password:
26753.

Sincerely,
The Suse.com team http://www.suse.com

Sorry for this but it is annoying...

Smart virus too. The zip is encrypted, so scanning it is very hard. The
scanner can't automatically unpack it.
I am receiving quite a lot of these mails, I think this is going to be a
big one :-(

To get straight back on topic: does anybody know a good content scanner for
sendmail? Preferably a milter.

We use amavis http://www.amavis.org and ClamAV http://www.clamav.net. I am currently using Postfix, but I used to use the amavis-milter when we were running sendmail. They are both great products.

Amavis comes with SuSE, but the Clam Antivirus is a separate download. So far I haven't found anything to deal with passworded zip files. I heard something about trying each word in the message as a password (which would work well, for now) but I haven't heard anyone getting that to work automatically yet with anything.
--
Pam

< Previous Next >