Re: [suse-security] firewall help..
  • From: Ralf Ronneburger <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:02:45 +0100
Hi there,

egilmore wrote:

OK, Thanks for all your help Maarten. Here's what I have so far, that is FINALLY doing something close to what I need. I haven't blocked everything yet, but I an developing rules to keep out alot of the nasties.

Tell me what you think.

-e

looks pretty good to me. I'd change two more things if I was you:

1. Add another short script that locks down everything before network interfaces are started.

2. Add headers to the script so SuSEconfig will execute it after all network-services are started and all interfaces are up.

For that - take a look at the SuSEfirewall2-scripts and at the sample init-script that comes with SuSE.

Greetings,

Ralf