RE: [suse-security] E-mail account disabling warning.
  • From: "Tom Knight" <thomas.knight@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:04:46 -0000

Okay, how to get round this?

Possibly tell your scanner to reject .zip files containing
files with extension .exe+. .com+ etc etc.

I haven't actually received a single one of these .zip files,
but the above tip was one I saw on the NTBugTraq list which
apparently works with Norton Anti-Virus for Exchange V2.1. I
imagine amavis/clamAV would be able to be configured this way.

Sorry to sully this list with mention of Windows products (at
least I'm not so sad and lonely as to insist on using pathetic
name calling such as "Outbreak" etc)!

Tom.