Re: [suse-security] Suse Linux Server elaboratation
  • From: Keith Roberts <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:22:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Scott Wrobel wrote:

> [...]

I stared with an external 56K modem, on COM2 (/dev/ttyS1).

Downloads from remote machine over the net was SLOW.

At least it gets you up and running though.

What problems do you have with the modem?

Will you have a static or dynamic IP address? If it's
dynamic then every time your box connects to the internet,
the IP address will change.

Kind Regards - Keith Roberts

  • No further messages