About permissions of files.....
  • From: "onder.akbas@xxxxxxxxxxx" <onder.akbas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:40:22 -0500
I will change owner and permission(700) of some directories and files on my
SuSE Linux 9.0. Owner of these directories will be root. Can anyone reach
these directories and files if s/he does not know the root password.

I wonder that :
if someone updates(not new installation),the OS, can s/he change root
password?
I think SuSE Update asks the user root password, but i am not sure about
update via CD.

I dont know any secure way to hide my special files except this way. If
anyone has better idea tell me the most secure way..

Thanks.

http://mail2web.com/ .