Re: [suse-security] DHCP Linux Server and Windows clients
  • From: "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:58:41 -0600

Scott Wrobel wrote:

| I have made a modist attempt to configure DHCP on what will hopefully
end up being a linux server for my home network which consists of all
wondows computers. However i don't know how to configure the windows
clients (win 98, 2000 Pro, and XP) to run any type of Client DHCP, this
is probably due to the fact that i just found out about DHCP yesterday.
Any help will be greatly apprecieated despite any spelling errors i may
have made. thx.

In Windows, go into the network settings (the tcpip tab) and click on
the button that says to get a dynamic IP address. That should be all you
need.

Victor