Re: [suse-security] modem problems
  • From: Armin Schoech <armin.schoech@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:07:14 +0000 (GMT)
Hi !

> I have 2 internal modems one is new. Both work fine in windows
> computers and the new one says that it is linux compatable and even
> has driver files (for Red Hat) on the disk that came with it.
> Unfortunetly my linux box, which is going to be an internet
> connection server, doesn't detect eather of them. I cannot figure
> out how to use the drivers off the disk eather.

--> Have a look at the MODEM HOWTO at the Linux Documentation Project
(http://www.tldp.org/):

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Modem-HOWTO.html

It will help you to understand what kind of driver you need and should
help you to solve your problem.

Good luck !
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26 office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan Schloss-Straße 6