AW: [suse-security] NAI on unix do not find actual virus
  • From: "Mrvka Andreas" <mrv@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:53:31 +0100

yes, i AM unhappy!
for a mailserver virus scanning it's so nice, to let viruses go through...

>> My father has a saying:
>>
>> "Don't go looking for trouble,
>> it will find you soon enough."
>>
>> Unless you have a test environment that is off the web, please don't
>> go opening up stange files...
>>

>Indeed.
>
>Looking at this again, you probably want to test using the
>eicar test file,
>http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm. It's a harmless
>text file that all AV software detecta as a virus.
>
>No I won't send it to you - my mail server probably wouldn't
>let it through!

i know this virus.
i fact, my virus scan detect all viruses except this one which
is in a password protected zip file.

NAI's product based on microsoft servers can detect him.

I try to ask NAI directly, as i read here...

>Tom.

thanks,
Andrew