Re: [suse-security] postfix/imap/cyrus-sasl and Pam backend
  • From: Serguei Krasnov <krasnov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:29:15 +0300
Markus Feilner wrote:

First of all - Thanks a lot!!!

Now: postfix grants all users access based on user/password
kombinations in sasldb - and only those users. Shouldn't saslauth
use the local user/password Kombination?

Please define "saslauth". I'm not sure, what you mean.

O.K.
I made postfix use SASL auth - by the parameters above means, it uses saslauthd for authentikation. Right?
saslauthd is configured to auth against pam. Right?

Yes

But: saslauthd uses User/Password combinations from sasldb. Why?

IMHO, you should create system user (as sample, serg) and add this user to sasldb:
saslpasswd2 -c -u <fhostname> serg
where <fhostname> is full hostname

Regards, Serguei Krasnov