Re: [suse-security] Sendmail on 9.0
  • From: Holger Grebener <holger.grebener@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:33:09 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 11. März 2004 09:55 schrieb edwin:
> Anyway, in 7.3 I use an antivirus daemon to protect smtp ( I still have
> client using W$$$$ws). I give the port 25 to the antivirus and move the
> sendmail to another port. It is possible because smtp was running through
> inetd.
>
> Is it possible to use xinetd for sendmail in 9.0 and move the smtp
> (sendmail) to another port? Anyone here have experienced?

I do not know about xinetd but you could start sendmail by rc-files and leave
it running (it is less cost intensive). To change the port, you could
change /etc/sendmail.cf by inserting this line:

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=<port number wanted>

Equally, you can change the item SENDMAIL_ARGS in the /etc/sysconfig editor
(YaST) by adding:

-ODaemonPortOptions=Port=<prot number wanted>

I hope this helps.

--
_/ _/ _/