Re: [suse-security] Forward requests
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:52:26 +0100 (CET)
On Dec 1, Chris Bek <chris001@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to share the internet connection from my
> linux box to the other PCs on the network.
> I have no reason to have a firewall since this machine
> dials in check e-mail and dials out immediately.
> Can someone please help me with this one?
> Masquerading perhaps??
You can use suse firewall2 to achive this. It's silly to say that you
don't need a firewall. Although it is not (yet) so bad with linux, an
unprotected windows machine is infected with blaster within 5 minutes on
the internet. NEVER say that you don't need a firewall (except if you have
NO port open, not even ssh)

> PS: SuSE 8.1 out of the box
No updates?! PLEASE update your box using YOU or fou4s
(fou4s.gaugusch.at)!

--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign