Re: [suse-security] Forward requests
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:04:23 -0500

----<text snipped>---

>> > PS: SuSE 8.1 out of the box
>> No updates?! PLEASE update your box using YOU or fou4s
>> (fou4s.gaugusch.at)!
>>
>> --
>> __________________ /"\
>> Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
>> markus@xxxxxxxxxxx X Against HTML Mail
>> / \

Chris,

it is my experience that no one on this list (ie suse-security)
will take you seriously if you haven't "patched"
your box. If you don't know how, write me "off-list"

or subscribe to SLE (suse-linux-e)
(I am currently running SuSE 8.1, with up to date patches using fou4s)

Friendly greetings,
Gar

--

PS see: http://www.suse.com/de/security/announcements/index.html

PPS. If nothing else you need to update your 8.1 Kernel, see:
http://www.suse.com/de/security/2003_034_kernel.html