RE: [suse-security] Bugs on Kernel 2.4
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:53:56 -0500
"M. Edwin" <edwin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>One of my friend here just told me that there are some weaknesses on kernel
>2.4.0 to 2.5.69. He kows it after reading e-week report. It told that after
>several attack on Debian server, the researcher know that the weaknesses is
>come from the kernel.
>
>I just curios is there any patch from suse about this matter?
>
>Regards,
>M. Edwin

Hi Edwin,

This is my take and not offical. However,
a posting at Slashdot indicates that both SuSE and Redhat
are working on it.
http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/03/12/01/2133249.shtml?tid=106&tid=185&tid=90
The "newest kernels" apparently have already
solved the problem, so I expect that there will soon be a
SuSE patch.

Friendly greetings.
Gar

--