Fdisk fails while creating a raid-1
  • From: Kai Pfeiffer <pfeiffer.kai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:51:07 +0100
hello all,

I want to create a raid-1-array on my SUSE 8.0 machine. I have built two 10.6
GB raid-partitions on hda(40GB) and hdc(20GB) both in the extended partition
of the harddisks. If I tell Yast to create the raid, I get the error that
Fdisk failed while creating the raid-array.

Is there a possibility to create the raid-array "by hand" (without Yast), and
could someone describe me, how to install the raid with alternative Tools.

Thanks

Kai Pfeiffer