Running lilo after kernel update ?
  • From: Bill.Light@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:59:06 -0800
SuSE 9.0 Professional and YAST2

Just downloaded and installed k_deflt

and a "warning" or "informational" message says to:

please execute /sbin/lilo after installing
the update kernel and prior to rebooting

lilo doesn't exist (as I recall the new default is grub?) So what do I
do with "grub" to accomplish whatever the warning was for ??

Patches downloaded -- Installed -- Linker automatically runs - Quit
back to a command prompt - What next ?

Per Olaf's announcement "The grub bootloader does not require any further actions to be performed
after the new kernel images have been moved in place by the rpm Update
command."

I did NOT issue the "rpm update" (I'm guessing Yast2 did that). Do I
have to issue the command or am I at the reboot stage ?

The system is remote, so I'b being extra cautious/anal about it....