RE: [suse-security] An update failure
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 04:07:48 -0500
Jim Westbrook <jimw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just did the security updates including the kernel. However, one
>package (gnpan) failed with a version 0.0-0 > 0.3-15 (I think that's the
>number) error. I do not recall seeing this particular update discussed
>here. Do I need to remove the package and then d/l and install
>manually?
>
>JimW

You didn't say what version of SuSE you are using.
I am guessing 9.0 ????

gnpan is a news reader for Gnome...
per patch description (on my 8.1 box):
file:/var/cache/fou4s/packages/ftp.suse.com/i386/update/8.1/patches/gnpan-51147

#Packages:
##
## -----> gnpan <-----
##
# Filename: gnpan.rpm
# Label: A powerful newsreader for GNOME
# Series: i586
# Size: 2779985 774560

You didn't say whether you used YOU or fou4s to download your Security fix.

If it was fou4s I would just try again, if it is YOU,
you can redo it, I just don't know what you need to delete,
so if you used YOU i would download the rpm.
If it were me, I would download the "new" rpm, and not the
patch rpm, and install (as root) using .. "rpm -Uvh gnpan-*.rpm"

If you elect that patch, Get the rpm from:
http://www.suse.de/en/private/download/updates/index.html

or your favorite mirror.

Hope this helps,
Gar