System crashed after kernel update
  • From: Sandro Trinkler <santri.ml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:05:36 +0100
Hi all

I installed the new kernel (k_smp) today on a SuSE 8.1 system:
512MB memory
2x 500Mhz PIII
ICP-Vortex RAID Controller

The system serves as mailserver with sendmail-8.3.12 and
cucipop-xxx.

After the kernel-update, the system was up-and-running for about
80 minutes, then I lost _any and all_ connections to that machine
(smtp, pop3, ssh), even the local tty wasn't there anymore!

In the logfiles I couldn't find any hints - it looks like after
a powerfailure (which I'm sure it wasn't).

Is anybody experiencing the same? Is there a problem with the
SMP version of the new kernel?

Any hints are very welcome, because I had to go back to the
old kernel for now... :(

Thanks

Sandro

  • No further messages