Re: [suse-security] kupdated in uninterrupatable sleep after kernel update
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <hidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:52:34 +1300
> Reiser is fast and looses it's data fast as well, if there are any
> disc-problems - Better use ext3!

Sounds more like FUD, or can you substantiate that? I had a disk go bad
recently, I copied the partition with dd_rescue (which rocks), and used
reiserfsck to fix up a few things. If I lost any files they weren't
important, but a bunch of files had nullblocks in them. The latter is
obviously unavailable with any fs.

> Reiser doesn't support quotas (as I know) and that's why I don't use it
> either.

You don't know a hell of a lot about reiserfs. It's had quotas since,
uhhm, SuSE 8.0 (or was that ACLs, quotas even earlier)? Other distros
were much slower to catch up, but that's a poblem with those distros,
not reiserfs.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/ Please do not CC list postings to me.