Re: [suse-security] Curious response
  • From: "J. Theriault" <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:52:21 +0100

Richard wrote:
|>My spam filter says: Yes, this is in my spam pool, but I don't know
|>whether it is related to this list.
|
| My <suse-security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> emailaddress is used only for this
| list and is published nowhere else. That's why I asked here.
|
| Cheers,
| Richard

Funny, I noticed the same thing earlier today; within seconds of posting
to this list, I received that very same email.

I sent this email to all possible admin contacts just to sound a bit
threatening and to see if I get a reply:

- ---SNIP---
~ Dear List Administrator;

~ I hereby demand (on behalf of maginetworks.com) the
~ IP address of the computer that has registered the
~ email address "administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" to
~ your mailing list as well as the date and time that
~ this was done. Furthermore, I wish for the above
~ mentioned address to be removed from any such
~ mailing lists you operate.
- ---SNIP---

Their administrative contact seems to be LD3695 (NIC Handle), perhaps I
should write a more appropriate letter to him to see if I can get a reply.

Also, I am sending this email from a "virgin" account... Perhaps not,
SuSE doesn't seem to accept that...

J. Theriault
administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >