Re: [suse-security] Curious response
  • From: Sven Wahl <x1svewah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:23:24 +0100

On Friday 12 December 2003 12:48, Richard wrote:

> I don't think that would have helped in this particular case.
> Judging from the mere SECONDS between my mailing the list and my
> receiving this spam I'd say this is done by a subscriber to the
> list.

Here is what I assume:

Somebody has subscribed to this list with an address that is used to
subscribe to another list. E.g., if I would subscribe to the list
suse-security by using the address

suse-security-announce@xxxxxxxx

then everybody who sends a message to

suse-security@xxxxxxxx

would get a message from the ezmlm programme managing the
suse-security-announce@xxxxxxxx mailing list.

/Sven

< Previous Next >