Re: [suse-security] Curious response
  • From: Sven Wahl <x1svewah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:38:51 +0100

On Friday 12 December 2003 12:51, Peter van den Heuvel wrote:

> YES PLEASE!!!
>
> There's of course various things that we can do ourselves but I
> feel that including the real sender-address is not desirable
> anymore.

Hm, I remember that we had this discussion before on another list. I
recall that we would all be out of the wood if we used one of these
`geek' mail clients like mutt. ;-)

As far as I remember, the thing is: ezmlm doesn't (necessarily)
check the FROM address in the header of an e-mail sent to the list
in order to verify if you are subscribed or not. The thing that
matters is the envelope address header, which is not included when
ezmlm forwards a message to all list members. So, you could have a
fake address in the FROM field as long as the envelope address is
set to the address used for subscription.

(Please correct me, if I'm wrong!)

/Sven

< Previous Next >