Security Enhanced Linux kernel RPMs for SuSE

Hi all,

In September, I built a bunch of SELinux userspace RPMs for SuSE Linux
8.2. I have now ported the 2.4 backport of the 'new' SELinux code to Hubert
Mantel's SuSE default kernel 2.4.21-121, and subsequently have built an
RPM of the kernel itself.

I've cheated in a couple of places: the Mantel release had a patch for a
variable HZ value, but I hardcoded it to 100 because I didn't know how
to work around a patch conflict it caused; also I really doubt the
sonypi code will work now because of a kludge I used to make it compile.

The patch, kernel binary and patched kernel sources can all be
downloaded from here:

http://leapster.org/linux/selinux/suse/

I have not thoroughly tested this patch. The new kernel boots fine on my
machine and it hasn't crashed and burned (yet), but I do _not_ recommend
anyone try it on production machines.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) <-> Melbourne, Australia ( ) | 0x6B91B584

  • No further messages