Re: [suse-security] sendmail and amavisd on 9.0
  • From: Dirk Borchers <dirk.borchers@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:59:20 +0100
I installed sendmail, amavisd and AntiVir on my machine with SuSE 9.0
and configured sysconf to use amavisd with milter. But sendmail does
not scan the emails; and I can not find any appropiate line in
sendmail.cf that it should use amavis. I could not find any hint in
the ReadMes. What's going wrong?

I have the following line in my sendmail.cf:

Mlocal, P=/usr/sbin/scanmails, F=olsDFMAw5:/|@qPfhn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix, A=scanmails -Y -a $h -d $u

see http://www.amavis.org/amavis.html#modsendmail

There is no file /usr/sbin/scanmails on this system, so this can not work. I changed "scanmails" to "amavis-milter" - but this does not work either.

Dirk

< Previous Next >