RE: [suse-security] DHCP and IP Numbers ?
  • From: "Knut Erik Hauslo" <KNUTH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:00:43 +0100
Normally, the DHCP-Client would renew it's IP after half the lease period has gone by. Usually it would'nt reassign a new IP address because the DHCP-Client normally tries to renew the one it already has. The server only gives a new IP-Address if the one the clients requests is given away. But as long as the client is active and does not release it's IP-Address, that should not happen.

But DHCP for name resolution, this must be wrong...

Cheers
Knut Erik